People all over Australia are increasingly looking to online counselling services and web based counselling for therapeutic support and help with issues such as anxiety.
Anxiety is one of the most common problems faced by people today, especially due to our hectic lives, job pressure, relationship issues and future concerns. Here at www.counsellingonline.biz we work with acceptance and commitment therapy where we show clients how to observe and sense anxious thoughts without judgement. We show clients how to use compassion and gentleness when confronted with anxiety, fear, panic and other sensations that may cause discomfort. We also show a value driven life can lead you down a path to a rich, full and meaningful life.
Here at www.counsellingonline.biz we recently treated a client, Mark, who was experiencing sever anxiety – so much so he could not go out shopping without being stopped cold with anxious thoughts. His feed-back after six sessions was that online Counselling Services was both very convenient and easy to use.
We worked with mark and other clients impacted by anxiety using acceptance and commitment therapy to;
- Look at unworkable behaviours that the client may engage in anxiety shows up and what function they serve;
- Examine clients’ values and what direction they want to move in to bring meaning and purpose to their lives;
- Discuss with clients’ what behaviour they take and what actions they could commit to which would lead them towards their values;
- Show clients some mindfulness techniques and skills such as being present in the moment with both pleasant and unpleasant thoughts, feelings and emotions;
- Defusion of thoughts and feelings to reduce their power and hold
- Acceptance of difficult and painful thoughts, feelings and emotions and being willing to be with them as part of a value driven life;
A recent study has found that Acceptance and Commitment Therapy does have significant increases in self-efficacy, activity, engagement and pain acceptance. Self-efficacy is an important concept as it reflects the belief by an individual that they can effectively self-manage their condition.
Online Counselling is effective in working with clients impacted by anxiety and using acceptance and commitment therapy to achieve reductions in psychological distress. For more information please refer to our web site at www.counsellingonline.biz.
Pro Talk Club is content sharing website, where you can Read great articles, Write amazing articles and Share the knowledge around the web!